A practical hands-on course to assist you to maintain and troubleshoot an Allen Bradley Logix5000 based Programmable Logic Controller.
Dates: Offered as an on-site course. Please let me know if you are interested in joining an OPEN course as it can be arranged.
Throughout this course you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises. See course content below. To complete the exercises you will use a CompactLogix hardware workstation. Because the basic skills taught during this course apply to all Logix5000 platforms you can then apply what you have learned to the specific platform that you use in your plant.
- Course Overview
- Understanding Control Systems
- Locating Hardware System Components
- Navigating Through the Logix Designer Application
- Connecting a Computer to a Communications Network in a Logix System
- Downloading and Going Online to a Logix Controller
- Location I/O Tags and Devices in a Logix System
- Interpretating Logix Designer Project Organisation and Execution
- Interpreting Ladder Logic Structure in a Logix Designer Routine
- Locating and Editing Tag Values in a Logix Designer Project
- Interpreting Bit Instructions in a Logix Designer Routine
- Interpreting Frequentlyt Used Instructions in a Logix Designer Routine
- Interpreting Arrays in a Logix Desginer Project
- Interpreting Tags of User-Defined Data Types in a Logix Designer Project
- Editing Ladder Logic in a Logix Designer Project
- Searching for Project Components in a Logix Designer Project
- Managing Logix Designer Project Files
- Documenting and Printing Components in a Logix Designer Project
- Integrated Practice - Interpreting a Basic Logix Designer Project
- Forcing I/O and Toggling Bits in the Logix Designer Application
- Troubleshooting 1769 Compact Digital I/O Module Problems
- Troubleshooting 1769 Compact Analog I/O Module Problems
- Troubleshooting 1769 Compact Banked Local I/O and Distributed I/O Problems
- Updating Logix5000 FIrmware
- Troubleshooting Logix Controller Problems
- Analysing and Troubleshooting a System Using a Logix Designer Trend Chart
- Integrated Practice - Troubleshooting Basic Logix Designer Projects
Course Duration & Trainer
Trainer has years of practical experience in a variety of industries covering Allen Bradley PLCs.
Assessment & Certification
Certificate of Achievement plus
28 CPD Hours
Who Should Attend
Those of you who wish to enhance your maintenance and troubleshooting skills when working with Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs
Our 2 x day Industrial Electrical Systems Level ONE course may be useful to join in advance of participation on this PLC course.
Please contact us for pricing