Day One Module 1
Day One Module 2
Day Two Module 1
Day Two Module 2
The 6 Key Benefits of joining this course are:
1. Enabling selection of the Best pump for each application - thus saving up to 30% on running cost over a pump’s lifetime
2. Enabling selection of the Best pump for each application - thus reducing maintenance costs by up to 80% - by avoiding cavitation, etc.
4. Reducing the risk of Pump trip out and failures by understanding electrical load and flowrate impact on it.
3. Understanding the benefits and operation of Variable Speed Drives - to reduce water-hammer, energy use and mechanical wear.
5. Understanding the latest design of pumps as starting to be used in waste treatment plants.
6. Diagnosing pumps problems - so they are properly fixed at their root cause.
Course Dates: Tues 19th and Wed 20th Oct 2021 dates
Pumps are the second most common machine, after the electric motor. Hydraulic pumped systems are widely misunderstood and this course provides a clear understanding of Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps, Pump Head, flow, energy use and speed.
Having covered common pump problems and their solutions, the course then addresses the Top 10 items to achieve the most sustainable pump operation possible. This covers use of variable speed drives, addition of jockey pumps, reduction in impeller sizes and better operational control to reduce energy use by up to 30%.
This virtual course will be delivered over 2 days / 6 – 7 hours per day. The trainer, present 100% of the time, will go through the various concepts involved in pumping and provide continuous assessment through interesting and insightful Question and Answer papers.
While the mechanical engineer may be the primary pump owner, this course will also be of interest to the control systems and electrical engineers as they are often called to sort out pump trip outs and other failures. The course will also cover structural and civil engineering aspects – pump house and foundation requirements as well as optimum piping arrangement. This course will give the participants a sound understanding of how pumps work and impart a methodology to diagnose problems and improve the operation of pump system.