Course Dates: Mon 19th to Fri 23rd July 2021
The Instructor, having explained how the training will be delivered on the virtual platform, will:
1. Introduce the participant to the TIA concept and the functional hierarchy of the equipment involved
2. Demonstrate the TIA Portal, its software, structure and hardware and outline the Siemens philiosphy in this regard
3. Demonstrate TIA (simulation / operation) for a factory enterprise down to the PLC level and I/O
4. Explain in detail the hardware and softrware and navigate the participant through the interfaces, data, control and plant equipment
5. Review the different components of a modern TIA plant network and its functionality including:
…..Controllers / Industrial PLCs / Communications / DATA Collection / Human Interface with Plant / SCADA / Distributed I/Os
The course is designed for participants who seek to have an improved understanding of how a modern integrated approach to automation works.
It covers how data, realtime information, live process control and trends are used to optimise performance.
It deals with PLCs and plant control, focussing on the up-to-date Siemens S7 TIA Portal. It covers the installation and modification of software for maintaining and improving current performance and output. A facility for installing new works and for plant modification is included. Each participant is asked to focus on his/her preferred situation, be that an operations and maintenance role OR a new works project OR programming role.
It is expected that on completion of this course the participant will: